About Cat Ellen and CaySwann Dance
Cat Ellen is a FatChanceBellyDance® Sister Studio, an American Tribal Style® (ATS®) bellydance certified instructor. CaySwann Dance is her virtual studio for instruction and performance.
Cat’s primary goal is to bring a fun and personally fulfilling bellydance experience to as many people as possible, both fellow dancers and audience members. As a group, improvisational dance form, ATS® can be the most elaborate game of follow-the-leader you have ever experienced. But beyond the dance vocabulary of movement, formations, cues, and flow, Cat hopes to empower dancers to embrace movement without shame, fitness for all sizes, and the joy and beauty in the community we build in which our job is to make everyone look good.
How Can You Take Classes?
Classes are offered in two cities right now.
- Sundays in North Hollywood, CA from 2-3 PM (Starting in July, Level 2 at 1 PM!)
- Mondays in Oxnard, CA from 7-8 PM (Starting in July, moving to Tuesdays!)
- You can RSVP on Facebook or on Meetup
- You can email Cat Ellen at email@example.com to reserve your spot
What Do I Wear to Class?
When Does the Next Session Start?
Sundays in North Hollywood, CA,
Madilyn Clark Studios, 10852 Burbank Blvd, North Hollywood, CA 91601
- ATS® Dance Fundamentals (Level 1 and 1+) from 2-3 PM
NEW! ATS® Tribal Combinations (Level 2 and 2+) from 1-2 PM (Instructor approval needed for Level 2)
Dates and Studios for North Hollywood (NoHo)
- Classes are held in either Studio C, D, or E. Check the Studio letter for each date.
- 2018 Session 4: Jul 15-e, Jul 22-d, Jul 29-e, Aug 5-e, Aug 12-c, Aug 19-e, Aug 26-e Halfa (No class Jul 8) – 6 week session – Plus, Bonus Free class on July 1 (Studio E)!
May and June: Mondays in Oxnard, CA 7-8 PM – ATS® Dance Fundamentals (Level 1 and 1+)
July and August: NEW! Tuesdays in Oxnard, CA 7-8 PM – ATS® Dance Fundamentals (Level 1 and 1+)
NEMA Bellydance, 1230 Saviers Road, Unit R, Oxnard, CA 93033
- 2018 Session 3: May 14, May 21, Jun 4, Jun 11, Jun 18, Jun 25 (No class May 28) – 6 week session – Plus, Bonus Free class on May 7!
- 2018 Session 4: Jul 10, Jul 17, Jul 24, Jul 31, Aug 7, Aug 14, Aug 21, Aug 28 Hafla – 7 week session – Plus, Bonus Free class on Jul 3!
Cat’s ATS History
Cat first found ATS in 2010 in Los Angeles. Enrolling first in one, then two, then as many classes as she could per week, Cat threw herself into learning ATS as quickly as possible. That first fateful class, she had only two thoughts the entire hour: “I have to teach this some day” and “When do I get to put my arms down?”
After several years studying and two years performing in a student troupe, Cat branched out on her own to pursue certification from Carolena Nericcio-Bohlman, the founder of FatChanceBellyDance®.
Cat earned her General Skills certifications in April 2013 and her Teacher Training in October 2014. She is a fully recognized FatChanceBellyDance® Sister Studio and ATS® Certified Instructor, and has been SSCE Re-Certified in January 2016.
There are two key philosophies that Cat brings to her instruction. The first concept is “No Pressure, No Shame.” One reason she loves ATS so much is that it can be extremely inclusive of all ages, shapes, sizes, and abilities. Secondly, each of us has “This Body on This Day.” If you need to miss a class, that’s okay. There’s no shame in that. Perhaps your car broke down, or you got stuck in traffic, or you caught a cold, or a loved one needs you. No Shame. And there’s no point in stressing out that you no longer have the body of your youth, or you’re recovering from surgery, or you are battling exhaustion or other ailments. You have this body on this day, so what do you plan to do with your body? If you come to class, you’ll be encouraged to move within the best abilities of your body on this day. And hopefully you can have fun while doing so.
How Can I See More?
About the Trademarks
FatChanceBellyDance®, FCBD®, ATS® and American Tribal Style®, are federally registered trademarks of FatChanceBellyDance, Inc. For more information, please visit fcbd.com/about/legal-policy/.